DESCRIPTION: Legends Outlets is Kansas City's premier outdoor shopping and entertainment destination, and the only designer outlet center in the area. With more than 100 retail, dining and entertainment options, Legends Outlets offers something for every style, age and price range.
ADDRESS: 1843 Village West Parkway, Suite C127, Kansas City, KS 66111
LOCATION: 15 minutes west of Downtown, at the intersection of I-70 and I-435.
WEB SITE: www.legendsshopping.com
SOCIAL MEDIA: Facebook-Legends Outlets Kansas City, Twitter-@LegendsShopping, Instagram-legendsoutlets
- The open-air district’s impressive list of nearly 100 shops and restaurants features several first and only-area outlet stores, including Kate Spade outlet, Coach outlet, J.Crew Factory, Nike Factory Store, Under Armour Factory House, Polo Ralph Lauren Factory Store, and many others.
- A state-of-the-art, 14-screen movie complex, AMC Legends 14, features luxury stadium seating, the latest audio/visual technology, an IMAX theater, and a VIP balcony with a full-service bar.
- Named after famous Kansas “legends,” the shopping district is sprinkled with outdoor art that recognizes the state’s heritage. Murals, medallions and plaques commemorate important moments and people in Kansas history, including Clyde Tombaugh, the scientist who discovered Pluto, and Hattie McDaniel, the first African American ever to receive an Academy Award. Bronze statues capture the likeness of other Kansas legends such as gunslinger Wyatt Earp and President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
- Two Legendary Rooftop Event Spaces overlooking the scenic Village West development are available to rent for private functions and celebrations of all kinds, including weddings, rehearsal dinners, after-hours networking receptions, corporate functions, birthday parties, and more. Amenities include a built-in stage, covered bar areas, capacity for up to 520 guests, plenty of free parking, and skyline views of the Kansas Speedway, Children's Mercy Park and unforgettable Kansas sunsets.
- The center proudly partners with local businesses and charitable organizations to bring special events and community celebrations to its Legendary Rooftop, including the 2018 Village West WineFest and Chick Events’ Fall Handmade Festival. and many others.
HOURS: Regular operating hours: 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Mon.-Sat. and 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sun. Individual store and restaurant hours may vary.
HISTORY: Legends Outlets held its grand opening in April 2006 and boasts more than 1 million square feet of retail space, restaurants, entertainment venues and hotels. Named after Kansas “legends,” each courtyard and corridor at Legends Outlets is dedicated to moments and people in Kansas history as seen in statues, murals, medallions and plaques.
WHERE TO GET LUNCH: The district’s 30+ restaurants are sure to appeal to every budget and appetite.
WHAT’S NEARBY: Legends Outlets is the crown jewel of the area known as Village West. Other top-area attractions include Children's Mercy Park (home to Sporting Kansas City soccer club), CommunityAmerica Ballpark (home to the Kansas City T-Bones baseball club), the Kansas Speedway, Hollywood Casino, Great Wolf Lodge, Nebraska Furniture Mart, Cabela’s sporting goods, and more.
ANNUAL SPECIAL EVENTS:
- Back-to-School Bash (August) – the center hosts an annual back-to-school bash every August with fun kids’ activities, special savings, giveaways and more. • A Legendary Holiday (November-December) – the entertainment district gets into the holiday spirit with a nearly 50-foot holiday tree and light display synchronized to music.
- Legendary Tree Lighting Ceremony (November) – the annual tree lighting ceremony at Legends Outlets, which takes place the Saturday before Thanksgiving, features kids’ activities, entertainment, prize giveaways, and more.
- Black Friday (November) – the year’s biggest shopping and savings event with multiple prize giveaways takes place the Friday after Thanksgiving.
- Ongoing – the center proudly partners with local businesses and charitable organizations to bring special events and community celebrations to its Legendary Rooftop, including the 2018 Village West WineFest and Chick Events’ Fall Handmade Festival.
DID YOU KNOW: The year-round, 60-foot Civic Courtyard fountain was designed by WET Design, the team behind the Bellagio fountains in Las Vegas.
From the north: Take I-435 South and exit onto State Avenue West (exit # 13). Turn right on Village West Parkway to Prairie Crossing.
From the south: Take I-435 North to State Avenue West (exit # 13B). Turn right on Village West Parkway to Prairie Crossing.
From the east: Take I-70 West and exit onto I-435 North (exit # 411 B). Take the second exit off I-435 onto State Avenue West (exit # 13B). Turn right on Village West Parkway to Prairie Crossing.
From the west: Take I-70 East and exit onto I-435 North (exit # 411 B). Take the second exit off I-435 onto State Avenue West (exit # 13B). Turn right on Village West Parkway to Prairie Crossing.
PARKING: Surface parking surrounds Legends Outlets, and additional parking is available in a multi-level garage located on the northwest side of the center.
PUBLIC RELATIONS CONTACT: Katie McDonald, marketing director, 913-788-3700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.