March 12, 2020
Valued Visit KC Partner:
In consultation with health and emergency medical officials, Mayor Quinton Lucas and the City of Kansas City, Missouri, have issued a State of Emergency for an initial period of 21 days. Under the authority of this proclamation, all events with more than 1,000 attendees within the city are cancelled or delayed until the emergency has been lifted. Learn more about the declaration.
Visit KC’s main priority is the safety and well-being of the region’s residents and visitors. We understand and support the City’s decision to take the necessary and responsible steps to protect our region. Read Visit KC’s full statement.
Visit KC is here for you, our community and our guests. To ensure our visitors have up-to-the-minute information on what events and businesses are impacted, we encourage our destination partners to utilize the following Visit KC resources in this rapidly-changing environment:
- Keep current on evolving updates to communicate to your employees, guests and visitors. Visit KC has compiled a list of local, trade and federal resources for the community, which is now accessible at VisitKC.com/coronavirus.
- Update your business’ listings, events and hours using the partner Extranet. If your current bandwidth doesn’t allow you to handle these changes manually, send the announcement or modification details to email@example.com. We’ll address your requested changes as we are able.
- Share changes in normal operations via social media. Conversely, if you’re open and helping us welcome visitors, make them aware of planned preventative measures and continued operations. Revisit scheduled content and handle inquiries individually as they arise.
- Communicate with our team, keeping us informed of events, meetings and programs that are impacting your establishment. We would like to understand the changing impact of visitation and staffing levels to properly serve our guests.
- Speak with our Partnerships team if you have any questions or concerns.
Standing by to support you:
- Kenzi Hoyle (816-691-3825) – Restaurants, bars, shops, events and convention suppliers
- Elisabeth Ingraham (816-691-3831) – Museums, attractions, non-profit organizations and regional partners
- Susan Cantrell (816-691-3819) – Corporate entities and community engagement
- Nathan Hermiston (816-691-3818) – Hoteliers
Our strength as a hospitality community comes from our collaborative efforts and we will navigate this together.
Visit KC President & CEO