Brenda Tinnen to continue term as organization’s Chair
Visit KC Team
February 05, 2015
KANSAS CITY, Mo.—At a meeting of its Board of Directors on Jan. 27, Visit KC elected a slate of four executive officers for 2015 and welcomed two new business leaders as directors:
- Brenda Tinnen, General Manager and Senior Vice President for AEG-Kansas City Sprint Center, will continue her role as Chair, a position she was initially elected to in 2014.
- G&H Consulting President Gayle Holliday, Ph.D., and The Raphael Hotel Group President Kevin Pistilli will continue their terms as Vice Chair and Treasurer, respectively.
- Central Exchange President & CEO CiCi Rojas was elected Secretary, a new position created for the board starting in 2015.
- Kathy Nelson, President & CEO of the Kansas City Sports Commission, joins the board as an ex officio member, serving a one-year term.
- Finally, Bob Kendrick, President & CEO of the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum, was named to the board for a two-year term. He fills a vacancy left by the departure of Grant Burcham, Missouri Bank & Trust.
“These business leaders reflect the exciting, diverse destination that Kansas City has become,” said Visit KC President & CEO Ronnie Burt. “I look forward to collaborating with these individuals—and the rest of our board—as we continue Visit KC’s mission to inspire global passion for Kansas City.”
The Visit KC Board of Directors is comprised of up to 30 civic and business leaders from the greater Kansas City area. The Mayor of Kansas City, Missouri, with the advice and consent of the City Council, appoints 15 members and the Visit KC Board elects up to 15 members.
2015 Visit KC Board of Directors
- Vic Allred, President, Jazz: A Louisiana Kitchen
- Kay Barnes (Ex Officio Board Member); Director/Distinguished Professor for Public Leadership, Park University
- Cindy Circo, Mayor Pro-Tem; Councilwoman, Fifth District At-Large, City of Kansas City, Missouri
- Mark Donovan, President, Kansas City Chiefs Football Club
- Arzelia Gates, Corporate Secretary, Gates Bar-B-Q Corp.
- Bill George, President, Kansas City Transportation Group
- Rachel Merlo, Community Manager, Kansas City, Google
- Gayle Holliday, Ph.D. (Vice Chair); President, G & H Consulting, LLC
- Bob Kendrick, President, Negro Leagues Baseball Museum
- Steve Klika, Commissioner, Third District, Johnson County
- Mike Klingensmith, General Manager, Embassy Suites KCI
- David Lopez, General Manager, Manny’s Mexican Restaurant
- Bill Lucas, President, Crown Center
- Riccardo Lucas, President & CEO, N.STRIDE Consulting, LLC
- Jan Marcason, Councilwoman, Fourth District, City of Kansas City, Missouri
- Bradley McCormack, Senior Associate, The Sader Law Firm
- Oscar McGaskey, Jr. (Ex Officio Board Member); Department of Convention and Entertainment Facilities, City of Kansas City, Missouri
- Kathy Nelson (Ex Officio Board Member); President & CEO, Kansas City Sports Commission
- Kevin Pistilli (Treasurer); President, Raphael Hotel Group
- Jeanette Prenger, President, ECCO Select Corporation
- Clayton Reid, President, MMGY Global
- CiCi Rojas (Secretary); President & CEO, Central Exchange
- Rosemary Salerno, General Manager, Zona Rosa Development, LLC
- Troy Schulte, City Manager, City of Kansas City, Missouri
- Steve Shalit, Complex General Manager, Westin Crown Center/Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center
- Angie Stanland, Vice President of Associate Services & Recruiting, Cerner Corporation
- Jon Stephens; President, Rockhill Strategic
- Troy A. Stremming (Immediate Past Chair); Executive Vice President of Government Relations & Public Affairs, Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc.
- Brenda Tinnen (Chair); General Manager/Senior Vice President, AEG-Kansas City Sprint Center
- Scott Wagner, Councilman, First District At-Large, City of Kansas City, Missouri
- Keli Wenzel, President/Managing Partner, O’Neill Marketing & Event Management, Inc.
- Randy Wisthoff, Executive Director & CEO, Kansas City Zoo
- Amy Jordan Wooden, President & CEO, AJW Consulting